Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A Perspective on Pregnancy

One day it just hit me, matter of fact. I am pregnant and responsible for bringing another life into this world. Not just any life, but a life dependent on me. When I think back on this ‘lightbulb’ moment, I realize that it was scary and overwhelming to think about the enormity of my upcoming parenthood duties. I can say, however, that I have very positive feelings about bringing a new life into the world. My experience of pregnancy has encouraged me to take a different perspective on my life.

There are some irrefutable laws of spirituality that I happen to believe in. One is of the law of attraction that if I am positive in my outlook I will attract positive experiences. I believe that when I express a positive vibration into the universe about wanting to create, love and care for a child, I just know that the universe is conspiring to make this happen for me. I have also expressed a desire to have a completely healthy and happy baby, as is surely shared by all parents-to-be. As a result of my positive focus and belief in these spiritual laws, I feel very secure in my heart that my child will be born safe and healthy. I also have faith that my baby will experience happiness and enjoy the beauty in the world and the good that is ultimately around all of us, if we look for it.

Learning about what makes one tick, and how to find peace and happiness in one’s own heart and world. It is amazing how many of us are not able to make peace with ourselves or others. As a result, we live a life full of negativity, loneliness and unfulfillment. However, once we find the secret of unlocking our own peace and happiness, the love we have for ourselves flows over into other areas of life, and towards others too. I am comfortable and excited about the thought of creating, loving and caring for another being. To be given the opportunity to create and have a life flourish within my body is miraculous, to say the least.

Only once we realize that we are the creator of our own inward peace and happiness can we then allow love to flow into other areas of our lives, including unconditionally loving and caring for a newborn. We do not create inward happiness by getting a better paying job, or by purchasing a flashier car, or by dressing up in the latest fashions. We manifest joy for ourselves by recognizing what our values are, and appreciating those inherent characteristics in ourselves which bring about happiness for us. For example, this may involve having a deep appreciation for nature and using our creativity to paint a beautiful landscape. Or this could involve having a love of reading through which we absorb knowledge or enjoy the literary journey that a book takes us on. It may involve anything that gives us joy in our lives. These things fulfill us, and nurture us. They make us continue to seek out the good in our world, which transforms our attitudes, beliefs and ultimately encourages us to act by loving those dependent on us, and by becoming positive beings.

So if you are lonely or not feeling happy, think about what provides you with inward happiness. It may be as simple as taking a different perspective.


Namaskar

No comments: